- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing with LPN degree.
- Must maintain Michigan LPN licensure along with continuing education (CE) credits.
- Previous office nursing experience beneficial.
- Computer skills required.
- Must have knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory clearance in accordance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Background Investigations Policy.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, pre-employment drug testing and pre-employment physical.
MANDATORY ANNUAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR Training
- Universal Precautions
- TB Skin Test
SUMMARY: To assist the Physician in providing safe quality health care to all and new established patients which shall include but not be limited to: obtaining health case histories, keeping exam rooms cleaned and restocked, assisting the physician with examinations, answering questions, counseling patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Specific duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Those instructions given by the physician involving patient care.
- Obtain new patient history and getting the patient ready for examinations including hemoglobin, urinalysis, blood pressure, weight and other information as required by the physician.
- Obtain and maintain current medication list.
- Sterilizing the instruments and clean the sterilizer according to instructions, on a regular basis.
- Administers medications; oral, IM SQ, immunizations.
- Assists the physician directly in minor surgical procedures done in the office.
- Document patient information utilizing Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Other duties may include ordering lab studies, scheduling surgery for patients, educating patients promoting healthy behaviors.
This position announcement summary is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks which will be required of this position and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of the position will be. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of this position, nor to exclude other similar duties not mentioned. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not beheld to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level difficulty.