collects, holds and uses data that you may submit. Please be sure to read this entire
Statement before using or submitting information. Pure Michigan Talent Connect takes
every precaution to protect the information of a user. When a user submits sensitive
information via the website, the information is protected both on-line and off-line.
Safeguards for Employers
- Validation: All employers must create an account to use the system and must be
validated by agency staff before they can post jobs or search for candidates.
- User ID and Password: An employer establishes a unique User ID and Password when
creating an account. Your email address will be your user ID. The User ID and
Password is required for all future access to the system.
- Access: Employers will specify their application procedure preference to job seekers.
Employer contact information provided for validation will not be released, unless
the employer elects to provide company information to jobseekers. No employer information
will be sold for any purpose.
Employers must agree to follow the established criteria for use of the system when they create
an account. Violations of these policies will result in the loss of access privileges:
- Fees: Neither you nor your agents may charge a fee to provide a job seeker with access to
a job referral or as a condition of accepting a job. Individuals have been asked to report
any violations of this policy.
- Labor Disputes: Neither you nor your agents may use the service to recruit replacement workers
in a labor dispute, either through job postings or resume searches. Individuals have been asked
to report any violations of this policy.
- Profile Information/Resume Use: Neither you nor your agents may use profile information or
resumes from this site (whether received through a candidate search or from a job seeker
responding to your job posting) for any purpose other than to fill an immediate job opening.
You may not resell job seeker profile information found on this site, whether in whole or in part.
Profile information is the property of the job seeker and such resale or reposting violates their
privacy rights. Individuals have been asked to report any violations of this policy
- Jobs Posted: Jobs posted on the website must be for an immediate opening. Business
opportunities are not considered immediate openings. Individuals have been asked
to report any violations of this policy.
- Monetary Investments: Neither you nor your agents may require a significant monetary investment
by the job seeker in order to obtain employment. Usual and customary licensing fees or
certifications are acceptable. Application fees, purchasing kits, and work-from-home plans
where costs are incurred, etc., are not acceptable. Individuals have been asked to report any
violations of this policy
- Removal: We reserve the right to remove any job posting from the file if it contains
inaccurate or inappropriate information, or violates any of the policies outlined for
employer job postings.
- Posting of Material: Employers are prohibited from posting or transmitting any material that is
obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory,
or otherwise inappropriate. The Workforce Development Agency, State of Michigan will cooperate fully
with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity
of anyone posting any such information or materials
- Out-of-State Employers: Out-of-state employers who are relocating or opening a new business in Michigan,
or who have an existing business location in Michigan, may use Pure Michigan Talent Connect if they follow
the standard registration process. These employers may search resumes and post job orders. Out-of-state
employers who are recruiting Michigan workers for a job in another state may not register to use Pure
Michigan Talent Connect unless the job is in a contiguous labor market area. Contiguous labor market
areas include Michigan counties that border Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin. These out-of-state employers
post their jobs using the nearest city in Michigan as the job location. In the first line of the job
description, the job order must also state the out-of-state work location.
- Recruiter and Staffing Companies: Recruiter and Staffing Companies may register for employer accounts on Pure Michigan Talent Connect. Recruiters and Staffing Companies that are identified as such in the system will be closely monitored for job posting clarity, accuracy and quality.
- Probationary Companies: Companies may be placed into a probationary status for any reason by agency staff.
Among other reasons, companies who have violated Pure Michigan Talent Connect policies, or frequently post
positions that need to be monitored may be placed in this status. Probationary Companies will not have the
ability to perform candidate searches. In addition, all jobs posted by Probationary Companies will also be
individually validated by agency staff.
Pure Michigan Talent Connect reserves the right to modify or amend this Statement at
questions through the Pure Michigan Talent Connect
Contact Us feature.
If you require additional assistance, call us toll free at -1-888-522-0103 Monday
through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, or write to:
Workforce Development Agency, State of Michigan
Attn: Pure Michigan Talent Connect
201 N. Washington Square, 3rd Floor
Lansing, Michigan 48913