SALARY: Firefighter Type 2 - Grade 6 = $18.40/hour Firefighter Type 1 - Grade 8 = $17.21/hour
Single Resource Boss - Grade 10 = $23.37/hour
- Must have a High School Diploma or
- Be at least 18 years of
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of basic fire behavior as influenced by fuel, weather, and topography and of the duties and responsibilities of initial fire attack
- Must possess a working knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS) organization and operation in order to work effectively within the
- Must possess skills in basic orienteering (use of Global Position Units (GPS), compass, reading topography, and quad maps) and multi-channel radio communication in order to locate fires, properties and local landmarks
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds throughout an 8 hour
- Must be in good physical condition and maintain arduous fitness
- Must practice safety habits at all times while at
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted Michigan driver's license, a good driving record, and must be insurable.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a security background check, pre employment drug testing, pre-employment physical, successfully pass the Work capacity Test at the arduous level, successfully complete Annual Refresher Testing or basic wildland firefighter training.