G & J Site Solutions, Inc. seeks a full-time Construction Crew Foreman to join their team in Calumet, Michigan.
Foremen oversee and direct a crew of 4-6 laborers in restoring and landscaping private, state and federally funded projects throughout Michigan and Wisconsin. If you enjoy working outdoors doing physical labor, we want to hear from you!
COMPENSATION. Starting pay of $18.00 – $25.00 per hour based on experience and credentials. Wages for work performed under State contracts (such as the Michigan or Wisconsin Departments of Transportation) are paid at prevailing wage and can be up to $56.25 per hour.
BENEFITS. Position offers health insurance, paid time off, growth and training opportunities, and job security with an essential construction company.
SCHEDULE. This is a seasonal, full-time Monday–Friday position working April – November. Schedules may flex based on company needs and could include an occasional Saturday.
- Michigan Driver’s License and a clean driving record required.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License preferred, but not required. We will assist you in obtaining your Class A CDL.
- Construction, civil and/or landscaping experience preferred.
- Ability to read/understand construction drawings/plans and take accurate measurements in planning for supplies/materials.
- Ability to successfully motivate, supervise, and direct a crew of laborers and hold people accountable (4-6 people).
- Ability to perform physical work including working in outdoor weather conditions (hot, cold, snowy, windy, rainy, damp, dusty, dirty, etc.), inspecting and loading equipment, lifting objects up to 50 pounds, installing guardrails, and cleaning up job sites.
- Ability to travel to job sites and stay overnight, if necessary, due to location of job site. Company provides transportation to/from job sites and provides lodging when overnight stays are necessary.
- You are reliable, trustworthy, and work well individually and as a team member.
- You work well under time constraints and can ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug and alcohol screening.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gjsitesolutions.hirescore.com
G & J Site Solutions is a full-service soil erosion, landscape, and highway safety contractor servicing heavy civil construction throughout Michigan and Wisconsin. Established in 2003, G & J is an industry leader in both heavy and highway construction.