Project Engineer II
- $63,341 - $84,882/ Year
- Full Benefits Package
- Assists with road engineering projects performed under the township project program.
- Responsible for performance and documentation of construction engineering in accordance with the Michigan Department of Transportation Construction Manual; including inspection, material sampling, and testing of aggregate, bituminous and concrete materials and density testing.
- Performs field survey, preliminary design, cost estimates, final design, construction drawings, specifications, and right of way acquisition in accordance with the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials Guidelines and the Michigan Department of Transportation Guidelines for road, bridge, culvert, and storm sewer projects.
- Creates engineering designs using computer aided drafting (Auto Cad) equipment of topographic surveys, cross-sections, construction plans and as-built plans.
- Prepares reports and technical memos.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Prepares permit applications.
- Mentors, trains and assigns tasks to and directs staff engineers.
- Interacts with officials, contractors, the public, and others.
- Conducts project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Conducts public presentations.
- This description is intended to illustrate the type and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It may not be a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and five years of related work or course work in the road/construction area.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and hold a Professional Engineering License through the state of Michigan or a state recognized by Michigan throughout the course of employment.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Must demonstrate advanced CAD skills.
- Awareness of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Capable of working on multiple projects at a time. Able to exercise good judgment on details of work and application of standard methods as experience increases.
- Ability to become a certified storm water management construction site operator.