U.P. Plumbers, Pipefitters & HVACR, Local 111 is accepting applications for the HVACR Apprenticeship program. We are looking for dependable, team-oriented workers who are dedicated to learn the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration trade while creating a safe work environment. Candidates must be willing to travel away from home for extended periods for work, attend mandatory classes (216 hours per year), work varying shifts, including overtime and a schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Pledge: The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of Apprentices during their term of training, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.
Requirements for application submission at Upper Peninsula Michigan Works Service Centers:
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must have two year Associate's Degree or equivalent HVACR certificate or proof of current enrollment in final year
- Complete Apprenticeship Application Form (Must be entirely completed, any missing information and/or signatures will disqualify application)
- Provide High School Transcript
- Applicant must show proof of a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record with no drug/alcohol related incidents in the past seven (7) years
- Provide military transfer of discharge Form DD-214, if applicable
- Provide Social Security Card
Applicants shall provide qualifying test scores for the following tests:
- Work Keys Graphic Literacy
- Work Keys Workplace Documents
- Work Keys Applied Mathematics
Applicants must achieve a combined average level of 5.33 along with a combined average score of eighty percent (80%) correct on all three (3) exams in order to be scheduled for an interview. The applicant will bear the cost of the ACT Work Keys tests at a cost of $39.00.
Applicants must have the ability to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening.
If applicable, please include documentation below:
- Documentation of current enrollment in a (2) year Associate's Degree or current certificate in HVACR from an accredited College or Technical School. Please provide transcripts.