Franchino Mold & Engineering Co. with an established reputation for supplying our customers with superior quality tooling seeks a highly motivated, technically adept CAM Programmer.
The candidate in this role will utilize various 3D modeling, surfacing techniques and 2D data to modify and extract data from existing geometry in order to produce CNC toolpaths for 3 or 5-axis milling, in accordance with customer requirements and company standards. Additionally, the individual will provide manufacturing personnel with program routing, setup, sequence information.
- Import and manipulate 3D models in WorkNC 2019.0 using modeling and surfacing techniques to prepare the models for machining.
- Create CNC toolpaths for 3 or 5 axis machining centers.
- Provides instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machines.
- Perform toolpath verification prior to program deployment.
- Create CNC program routing, setup, and sequence information to assist shop floor personnel.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations for optimal product run times.
- Assist in developing new processes that improve quality and reduce costs.
- Document new processes, procedures, and work instructions in detail.
- Design new and reverse engineer existing fixturing/tooling for internal use.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings along with a thorough understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Understanding of milling/turning operations and related machining parameters such as speeds and feeds.
- Proficiency in WorkNc 2019.0 preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with management and coworkers.
- Strong technical, analytical, systematic, and detail-oriented thinking skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Strong attendance and goal oriented.
Experience: 1-3 years.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience as a CAM Programmer.
Benefits include medical insurance, paid time off and 401(k). You must undergo drug screening and pass a physical examination.If you are interested, go to www.franchino.com and fill out our online application. If qualified, we will contact you to set up an interview.