The Systems Engineer II is responsible for handling service requests and incidents escalated from the Helpdesk and Systems Engineer I. This relates to technologies including: printers, workstations, servers, vendor specific hardware/software, backups and disaster recovery equipment.
- IT support for customers using Microsoft operating systems and applications, virtual environments built on Microsoft, VMware and Citrix.
- Support for Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Advanced server administration and patch management
- Remote & onsite workstation troubleshooting
- Communicating with clients and co-workers and updating tickets immediately stating progress and next steps
- Keeping documentation and configurations up-to-date
- Any and all other duties requested including helping co-workers and assisting with urgent service requests when necessary