BMT Aerospace is a well-established and growing aerospace manufacturing machining company seeking experienced Precision Grinder for our Night Shift. We offer competitive wages and benefits (includes Blue Cross medical) along with a 10% night shift premium. Our clean and air conditioned facility is located in Fraser, Michigan.
Precision Grinder needed to set up and operate CNC and Manual OD and ID grind equipment to exacting tolerances and dimensions with minimal supervision.
- Grinding of splined shafts and aircraft gears holding tolerances of .0001” - .0005”
- Maintain proper documentation of SPC data and participate in certified operator program
- Inspection of work utilizing certified operator program
- Maintain and repairs machinery as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment, to like new appearance, according to maintenance plans and established procedures
- High School Diploma/ Tech School
- 2+ years of experience ID/OD Grinding
- Must have strong math skills
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques
- Ability to work overtime
- Proficiency in the use of a wide variety of precision measuring tools is required.
- Basic tool, machine operator, and blueprint reading knowledge
- Proficient in measuring tools, calipers, mics, bore gauges, tri mics, shadow graph, comparator, mueller gage and all hand tools
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as portability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
BMT Aerospace and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. BMT Aerospace provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact Human Resources to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.