Metro Health is seeking Medical Social Workers.
Medical Social Work - Limited License (LLMSW) - Social Work * Shift Varies - Resource
The Limited License Medical Social Worker is an active member in the multidisciplinary team providing comprehensive social work services; including assessment, treatment planning, intervention and referral in order to positively impact patient and family outcomes.
- Graduate of an accredited social work school with current State of Michigan Limited Licensure (LLMSW) and good standing required with capability of being fully licensed within 3 years.
- Minimum of two years work experience in a medical and/or mental health setting preferred with knowledge of managed care/insurance desirable.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of computers and related systems and software preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources is desirable.
- Knowledge and expertise in working with people who have complex medical problems and psychosocial stressors.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, demonstrated by effective decision making, and use of appropriate problem solving methods. A high degree of professionalism is essential for all contact with patients, family members, staff, referral sources, and co-workers.
- Excellent communication skills to include interpersonal, oral, written and text while facilitating with families, patients, and community agencies.
- Ability to work independently and professionally, set priorities and take initiative while working efficiently and using sound judgment required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged patient and department information required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assessment of patient’s biopsychosocial needs to include: counseling of patients and family members in need of support and intervention during their emergency visit or acute hospitalization. Intervention as part of multidisciplinary approach.
- Provide educational information to patients and families regarding coping with their health care concerns, psychological issues, and social situations while promoting health and wellness.
- Consults and collaborates with the members of the health care team to facilitate appropriate planning regarding psycho/social, care team evaluations, and discharge planning needs.
- Facilitates referrals and transfers to other facilities and resource needs as appropriate.
- Provide short term crisis intervention and make appropriate follow-up arrangements; including those placements requiring involuntary/voluntary psychiatric care.
- Coordinate psychiatric services and follow-up counseling.
- Comprehensive assessment and coordination of mandatory reporting process in areas of CPS/APS.
- Act as liaison between patient, family, multidisciplinary team and community resources for the purpose of education and discharge planning.
- Assist patient with understanding advanced directives, power of attorney and financial concerns.
- Identify risk management issues and coordinate with risk management department.
- Participates in peer review. Assists in the collection and reporting of resource and financial indicators including case mix index, LOS, avoidable days, readmission rates, denials and appeals as necessary.
- Participates in continuing education to enhance professional growth and development; meeting all requirements to keep licensure current.
- Supervises student interns when opportunity presents.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.