Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Operate radiographic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray images as directed by physicians and perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepare patient and adjust equipment for taking x-rays. Position and instruct patient regarding procedures. Take x-ray images of specified body/parts as ordered, following established procedures.
- Use immobilization devices in accordance with standard practice. Lead protective devices to protect parts of the body not in the central ray and to reduce exposure to radiation. Automatic radiation shielding (collimators) at all times.
- Responsible for x-ray images in other areas of the hospital with portable machine in areas such as surgery, emergency and patient rooms. Observe sterile technique and universal precautions when applicable.
- Ability to perform fluoroscopy (fluoroscopy is not performed in the Urgent Care or Physician offices) – Barium enemas, Upper GI studies, Video Swallows, Endoscopic procedures such as ERCP and Bronchoscopies.
- Competent to work in the Operating Room (OR) to provide x-ray during surgery and lithotripsy procedures.
- Skills and critical thinking to rapidly respond and perform x-rays on trauma patients that may be severely injured.
- Experience performing higher tech procedures, such as myelograms, arthrograms and hysteros.
- Radiographic support to Forensic department.
- Process images and use proper identification techniques so as to assure proper labeling. Log patient technical factors and pertinent information in RIS.
- Maintain established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Assist in care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies. Keep work areas clean.
- Perform imaging in a PACS environment.
- Provides educational and training expertise as needed to support the community based Radiologic Technology program and other school system initiatives.
- Provide clinical support to medical assistants to meet the needs of the patient when working at occupational health as needed.
||• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures. • Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). • Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful. • Communicates with patients, families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank). • Works in a safe manner and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities. • Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid, prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases.
||• Current Radiography Experience required. • Experience working in a hospital environment.
||• Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology. • Must be Board Eligible and Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography within 6 months of hire. • American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification at time of hire.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills
||• Ability to problem solve and multitask. • Must be able to perform work during periods of crisis and emergency situations. • Ability to perform physical requirements of the job. • Must be able to take on-call responsibilities including weekends and holidays. • Ability to work at multiple locations. • Adept with customer service. • Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
**This position represents all open X-Ray Tech positions with Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI**
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.