Love what you do. Love where you work. MOKA is hiring Direct Support Professionals to work in residential settings throughout Ottawa county. Positions available in Grand Haven, West Olive, Allendale, Holland and Zeeland.Full time and part time positions available on 1st/2nd/3rd Shifts. No experience needed, MOKA provides paid training.
New employees will be eligible to participate in Grand Rapids Community College Direct Support Professional Certification at the Lakeshore campus in Holland. Tuition is 100% covered and employees are paid for time spent in class.
Positions start at $16.85 - $17.36 hourly. Opportunities for overtime.
Tuition Reimbursement Program - $1000 a semester to employees working an average of 20 hours a week after 3 months of employment.
These positions offer flexible schedules, paid training, paid time off, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement and health, dental and vision insurance for positions meeting eligibility requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Residential Support Staff cares for individuals with disabilities in a residential environment.
Essential Functions: Include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Advocates for those served on personal and family level.
- Observes and documents changes in the physical and mental condition of those served
- Administers first aid and simple nursing procedures as needed.
- Ensures the privacy and dignity of those served and reports any suspected abuse or neglect.
- Administers programs to individuals and documents progress, as prescribed.
- Assists in meal preparation, cleaning, small home repairs and light residential maintenance duties.