Are you industrious? Enjoy working with your hands? Love to drive results? Join our team as a Metal Forming/Press Brake Operator at MERRILL Technologies Group. As a Metal Forming/Pres Brake Operator you saw, burn, shear, bend, or otherwise form/shape materials according to provided drawings and/or cut lists and the work schedule.
APPLY NOW - TEXT "HireMe" to 57682
- Personnel under this description will be responsible for the operation and condition of one or more pieces of equipment designed to form or shape metal materials (e.g., saw, burner, press brake, etc.).
- Operation of equipment shall be according to work and machine operating instructions from the OEM or MTG.
- Other duties include: staging, organizing, and processing materials and documentation in an orderly and efficient manner; ensuring quality; completing jobs on time; and keeping work areas clean and safe.
- Accountable for accurately and consistently meeting requirements on time according to the directions of the supervisor.
- Accountable for the safe utilization of and maintenance of tools & machines.
- High School Diploma
- Two (2) years of experience in related position in machining or fabricating industry.
- Ability to use measuring devices, good math skills (including geometry), and ability to read prints.
- Good mechanical aptitude and familiarity with machines of various types.
- Well organized, industrious, hardworking, and a team player.
- Preferences: Experience operating saws, burning machines, shears, press brakes, & other forming/shaping machines. Knowledge of GD&T. Familiarity with all types of metals/materials.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION MERRILL Technologies Group, Inc. consists of nearly 700,000 square foot of manufacturing floor space that has the capability to deliver innovative manufacturing solutions to Aviation, Defense, Heavy Equipment, Energy, Robotics and Machine Tool industries. Diverse capabilities allow MERRILL to be a single source manufacturer, of complex fabrications, precision machining of components and assemblies, mission-critical aviation and defense equipment, special purpose manufacturing systems, utilizing innovative engineering comprehensive project integration.
Why Join Our Team? We put 'precision' in manufacturing. Be part of a performance you can measure. Advance your career in a company that has Trusted Quality, Price and Delivery. With competitive pay and benefits, MERRILL is a leading company to become an Employer of Choice for our team members.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time
- HOURS 40+ hours as needed to meet obligations and deadlines. Hourly position.
- SHIFT -not applicable-
- TRAVEL Minimal
LOCATION Alma, MI
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be employed by Merrill Technologies Group.
Merrill Technologies Group uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective June 2016.
LOCATION Republic Avenue