Health Programs Specialist (Temporary/Part-Time)
- $21,600 - $28,153/ Year
- This part-time, temporary position allows for a maximum of 1,000 hours per calendar year. It does not include any benefits.
- Performs administrative and office duties to support the day-to-day operations of assigned programs.
- Assists in the evaluation and continuous quality improvement efforts of programs.
- Supports program supervisors/coordinators and staff in assessing and meeting the needs of clients and organizations served by programs.
- Directs ongoing program needs, coordinates community partners and maintains schedules.
- Maintains files and records on behalf of designated programs; oversees record filing, data input, maintenance and quality.
- Assists program staff in the preparation and collection of a variety of records and reports.
- This description is intended to illustrate the type and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It may not be a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of progressively more responsible clerical/secretarial work experience preferably in department assigned; OR
- Associate degree secretarial science or related field and one year of clerical/secretarial work experience.
- Possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license and a vehicle is required.
- In times of a public health emergency, may be required to report for specialized assigned duties inside or outside of Berrien County.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Accustomed to typical office practices, with proficiency in the use of standard office equipment and software.
- Familiar with community services in Berrien County.
- Experience working with diverse clients utilizing community services.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail in all tasks.
- Capable of prioritizing work tasks and managing time efficiently.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with coworkers and the general public.
- Excellent listening and writing skills.