Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. We currently have several vacancies as a Housekeeper to work a Full or Part Time schedule. In this position A Housekeeper is responsible for keeping the community clean and presentable in assigned areas. A Laundry Assistant is responsible for carrying out the normal activities of the laundry, including washing, ironing, folding, sorting, etc. of clothing and linens and in addition to but not limited to the following duties:
- Clean and sanitize floors as needed (i.e. sweep, mop, vacuum).
- Dispose of trash as needed from rooms, suites, offices, soiled utility rooms, and other areas of community as needed.
- Detailed dusting of rooms, suites, offices, common areas, and other areas of the community as needed.
- Clean windows and window ledges in rooms, suites, offices, common areas, and other areas of the community as needed.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms in rooms, suites, offices, common areas, and other areas of the community daily.
- You must be able to work independently as well as a part of a highly productive team.
- Must be able to develop relationships with our residents as well our rehab clients, person centered care is essential.
- Work consistently with a chemical program for cleaning and/or sanitizing surfaces.
- Collects, cleans, and redistributes all laundry.
- Ensures that all laundry is properly sorted, washed, and dried according to State and Federal regulations.
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!