Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. We currently have vacancies for a Medication Aide/Caregiver to work a Full or Part Time schedule. Hiring for 1st or 2nd shifts. In this position a Medication Aide/Caregiver will be responsible for providing residents with non-skilled nursing services in accordance with physician’s orders in administration of medications and treatments. Provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as directed by supervision, in addition to but not limited to the following duties:
- Administer medications and treatments as defined in medication procedure and according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR). Exhibit understanding of and follow medication policies and procedures.
- Monitor response to existing treatment plans, aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors residents for occurrence of such and notifies nurse.
- Maintain residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with BHRC policy and procedure. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution, leisure activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in resident’s physical condition and/or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Assist with transporting residents, as necessary. Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care plan and/or standards.
- Assist residents with daily oral, eye and ear care, toileting / bathing, dressing/undressing and other hygiene or daily activity functions according to care plan. Change dressings, bandages, binders, bedding etc., as instructed.
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!