Ensures the implementation of the Early Head Start-Home Based model in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards by meeting the physical, social, intellectual, emotional and cultural needs of each enrolled family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include but not limited to the following:
- Home Visitors meet regularly with enrolled pregnant women and families of children birth to 3 years to conduct weekly 90-minute home visits or 2 hour visits with families who have more than one child enrolled.
- During visits, Home Visitors discuss family strengths, strategies to achieve family goals, identify family needs, and help to identify and access agency and community resources
- Carry out “curriculum for child development” in the context of the home and during group socialization experiences
- All staff may be asked to substitute in a classroom to meet staffing requirements and avoid class cancellation.
- Plan and implement socialization experiences and Family Engagement Events
- Assists families in identifying goals and family strengths and in accessing needed support services and community resources
- May be required to work 1-2 evenings per month
- Conduct screening and ongoing assessment of young children’s development using tool approved by the agency (ex. Teaching Strategies Gold-TSG)
- Conduct postnatal assessment for enrolled pregnant women
- Complete documentation of home visits, socialization experiences, and other relevant activities.
- Promote parental involvement in curriculum planning, program governance, and the overall Home Visiting program
- Monitor and educate parents with respect to children’s health status, including medical follow-up, physical health, dental health, mental health, and nutritional intake.
- Promote development of the attachment between parent and child
- Act as a liaison and advocate between community resources and Home Visiting families
Hours & Location
- Mon-Thurs [7:30am-5:00pm] & Fri [7:30am-11:30am]
- Home Visiting
Required Education and Experience
- Associate Degree with stated major in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or a related field with a minimum of a home-based CDA credential (or willingness to obtain credential).
- Bachelor’s Degree with stated major in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or a related field with a minimum of a home-based CDA credential (or willingness to obtain credential).
- Previous experience with home visiting and social work field is preferred. Bi-lingual is helpful but not required. Must be CPR/First Aide certified or be willing to obtain with the agency at the next soonest opportunity.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Oriented
- Emotional Control
- Personal Accountability
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the agency. Employees in this position must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform these job functions, please contact the Human Resources Department.