An internship at Daybreak Foods is an opportunity to practically apply the concepts that you are learning at school through on-the-job experience, networking and skill building sessions.
The Egg Production or Processing Intern will acquire the knowledge, skills and experience to gain a real-world perspective on how an egg processing and production company operates at a Daybreak Foods. In addition, the intern will complete a project that impacts the organization and present their experience and findings.
* Participate in functional rotations in egg production or egg processing
* Learn about the egg production and processing industry
* Learn and apply concepts related to operational metrics and organizational leadership
* Learn and apply bio-security systems and protocols
* Learn and apply regulatory compliance guidelines related to egg production and processing
* Learn and apply concepts related to the developmental and lay cycles of layer hens in a live production environment
* Learn and apply concepts related to poultry confinement systems
* Learn about different systems and their advantages and disadvantages
* Learn and apply concepts related to the facility and managing layer operations
* Learn and apply concepts related to egg breaking (liquid egg) operations
* Learn and apply concepts related to egg grading (shell egg) and packing operations
* Learn and apply concepts related to food safety, food quality and quality systems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Food Science, Agri-Business, Operations Management or a related field.
* No formal career related work experience required.
* Leadership in scholastic, academic, agricultural, or industry related organizations preferred, but not required.
* Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors and Seniors accepted
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Communication skills
* Ability to execute tasks and accomplish goals
* Willingness to listen, learn and apply concepts learned during functional rotations
* Understanding of basic time management principles developed through academic and work-related experiences
* Basic organizational skills, or the desire and diligence to learn them
Sit, use keyboard, use fine manipulation with hands and fingers. Lift up to 10 pounds.
Stand and walk constantly; grip, grasp, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, lift up to 10 pounds frequently; sit, climb, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Clean, temperature-controlled environment. Noise level is low. No personal protective equipment needed.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and airborne particles. Temperature varies in relation to the outside temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper personal protective equipment will be required during certain working conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)