Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems - Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
Fitness company contribution
Excellent PTO policy
JOB TITLE: Designer
PLANT/DEPARTMENT: DIRECTED BY:
Defense Engineering Engineering Manager
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Customers, Marketing & Program Management, Plant Personnel, Vendor Representatives, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineers
DIRECTS: Engineering and drafting personnel as assigned
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Product design
1. Develop conceptual and detail design of Lake Shore Systems product per specified requirements and direction of Lead and Project engineers.
2. Prepare 2D and 3D layouts, assembly drawings and detail drawings in CAD.
3. Prepare proposal drawings per engineering/customer/sales requirements.
4. Travel to LSSI’s manufacturing facilities to assist production efforts.
5. Develop requirements for and specify purchased components.
6. Customer interface/meetings.
7. Participate in design reviews and other assigned activities.
8. Direct checking of all drawings prepared for use on project.
9. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
Associate in Engineering/Technology Discipline or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
Minimum 5 year experience Marine/Defense Products
Short notice travel may be required
Job often requires long hours of sitting/computer usage
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.