DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century.And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job.At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE.Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Hybrid Role: Must be able to come on-site periodically and reside a commutable distance from the assigned work location.
Emergency Response: Yes - Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE's emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
Leads development and completion of a portfolio of utility-scale, renewable energy projects. Oversees project management requirements, including defining and overseeing scope of work, scheduling, estimating, engineering, and facilitating project construction work. Ensures completion of installation, testing, commissioning into service, and project closeout. Serves as point of contact for community engagement in collaboration with other customer and community facing groups within the company. Provides coaching and guidance to other members of the project team towards successful project completion. Span of control: 0; individual contributor
* Develops project scope and coordinates a team of specialists who provide project schedule, cost estimates and construction engineering specifications for capital projects
* Leads completion of installation, testing, commissioning into service and project closeout
* Oversees project expenditures and cost-effective procurement of labor, equipment, and materials; coordinates with authorized company representatives in conducting bid meetings and reviews, supplier selections and evaluations, and determining contracting strategy aligned with labor utilization strategies
* Provides daily management of on-site construction activities, working with the general contractor and/or multiple contractors and service providers; ensures timely completion of work within approved budget
* Communicates project status to all stakeholders, including leadership levels, and engages stakeholders in decisions to ensures a clear understanding of direction and expectations
* Evaluates conditions and develop recommendations to control project risk
* Ensures compliance with safety, environmental and regulatory requirements, including documentation and record keeping requirements
* Supports community engagement to maximize project outcomes, including direct engagement in community meetings as needed
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
This is a multi-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following options:
* Master's degree and 5 years of project management experience (e.g., scheduling, estimating, project risk management, and construction management), inclusive of 3 years in renewable energy/community development/community engagement projects; OR
* Bachelor's degree and 7 years of project management experience (e.g., scheduling, estimating, project risk management, and construction management), inclusive of 3 years in renewable energy/community development/community engagement projects; OR
* Associate degree and 9 years of project management experience (e.g., scheduling, estimating, project risk management, and construction management), inclusive of 3 years in renewable energy/community development/community engagement projects; OR
* High school diploma or GED and 11 years of project management experience (e.g., scheduling, estimating, project risk management, and construction management), inclusive of 3 years in renewable energy/community development/community engagement projects
* Degree and/or experience in civil engineering, construction engineering, construction management, business administration, or related field
* Experience in renewable energy sector and community engagement activities
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Proficiency with project management software
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, be flexible and work under changing and competing priorities
* Ability to coordinate deadlines and logistics to successfully lead work processes within an agreed upon time frame
* Ability to balance multiple demands from leaders, peers, and partners in a positive and even-handed manner and display calm demeanor under pressure
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed... For full info follow application link.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.