Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems - Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
Fitness company contribution
Excellent PTO policy
PLANT/DEPARTMENT: Defense Engineering DIRECTED BY: Director of Engineering
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Customers, Marketing & Program Management, Plant Personnel, Vendor Representatives, Supply Chain
1. Responsible for interpretation of and compliance with customer purchase specifications.
2. Develop design or design concept and product specifications within cost and budget goals.
3. Coordinate designer and design engineers’ efforts, based on budget and schedule, when assigned.
4. Make or supervise preparation of layout drawings.
5. Perform calculations.
6. Prepare detail and assembly drawings when drafting assistance is unavailable.
7. Confer with engineering management on problems encountered and questions arising on project.
8. Develop requirements for and specify purchased components.
9. Communicate with other Trident operations on project requirements.
10. Prepare proposals with estimated engineering effort from customer specifications and to marketing requirements.
11. Participate in design reviews and other assigned activities.
12. Direct checking of all drawings prepared for use on project.
13. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
Bachelors degree in engineering preferred.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
Fluid power circuit design and analysis
Detailing mechanical layouts and schematics for pneumatic and hydraulic automation systems
Fluid power experience and demonstrated mechanical aptitude including troubleshooting hydraulic systems
Experiencing sizing hydraulic system components; Pumps, HP, flow rates, pressure, valve selection, cooling system sizing, etc.
API-2C Crane Calculation and/or quality assurance experience.
Job often requires long hours of sitting/computer usage
PLEASE NOTE: Lake Shore Systems, Inc is excited to join Trident Maritime Systems and will be operating as the Trident Maritime Systems-Heavy Equipment Group.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.