Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The individual selected for this role will perform a variety of maintenance, repairs, continuous improvement, and new installation functions on facility grounds, equipment and infrastructure with limited direction and guidance. Support manufacturing operations in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Safely, professionally, and efficiently, complete facility maintenance, preventive maintenance and new installations per line-up and documentation.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Troubleshoot and repair facility equipment and overall infrastructure with minimal supervision. Areas include, but are not limited to; HVAC, power distribution, process water systems, boilers, cooling towers, dryers, air compressors, chemical feed units, sewers, general plumbing, load docks, lighting, utility drops, building infrastructure and floors. Verify equipment as functional and leave the area clean and safe.
2. Perform daily walk-around inspection in assigned area(s) of the facility. Document findings, add chemicals, perform PM as needed, and report discrepancies to maintenance supervisor/planner. Operate in response to requests by maintenance supervisor or support personnel, and set priorities as required to maintain facility.
3. Gather and maintain a complete set of required tools, including electrical meters and other diagnostic devices. Utilize diagnostic tools and available schematics to define problem areas and assist with resolution.
4. Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance programs to improve operational uptime and equipment life. Recommend improvements and/or changes to PM systems/tasks when applicable.
5. Follow designated work instructions as outlined for specific functions. These include, but are not limited to; PM work orders, continuous improvement tasks, new installation line-ups and repair/refurbish assignments.
6. Update drawings/prints suggest spare parts and suitable replacements and perform various forms of repair/rebuild/installation in a professional manner per line-up and schematics.
7. Follow standard practices and all governmental regulations and laws relating to powered equipment.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Journeyman's card or equivalent work experience.
* Ability to pass a Facilities Maintenance Technician aptitude test.
* Knowledge of mechanical and electrical codes, techniques and standards. Familiarity with government regulations for industry.
* Must have strong background in mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems and superior troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC units, power distribution systems, air distribution systems, cooling towers, general plumbing and other facility-related systems and structures.
Familiarity with pumps, motors, electrical circuits, piping, carpentry and common facility equipment.
* Should maintain a sense of urgency, self-motivation and overall good work ethic while performing tasks in a safe manner.
* Ability to read electrical/piping schematics, specify and gather material, and complete installation or repairs with minimal supervision. Skilled in interpersonal relations and written and oral communications.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.