Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Short Job Description
Performs duties of unusual significance or importance to the department. Makes recommendations in areas of expertise. Develops program goals and plans for implementation. Develops alternative strategies for programs based on analysis and research in an assigned specialty area. Serves as a technical advisor and liaison with industry, community groups, and/or governmental agencies. Oversees projects of significance to the department’s operations. Prepares special studies and reports. Knowledge of system development methods used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing information systems. Knowledge of advanced concepts and basic operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software. Knowledge of advanced principles, theories, techniques, and methods of information system analysis and programming. Knowledge of data processing and data communications concepts and services. Knowledge of contemporary and generative programming languages and techniques. Knowledge of data communication and transaction-based processing. Knowledge of the operational and technical problems involved in the administration of a specialized program. Knowledge of the assigned program specialty. Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied packaged programs for use with existing information systems. Ability to use programming procedures and techniques in the implementation of computer programs.
Long Job Description
Infrastructure Solutions Architect
• Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
• Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas for Mainframe and Distributed platforms, networking, databases, High Availability/Disaster Recovery, and IT security.
• Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned project responsibilities under limited supervision.
• Experience and skills in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies such as ITIL.
• Knowledge of and experience with a broad range of application servers, web servers, messaging servers, database servers, and related technologies.
• Able to analyze business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs.
• Experience in web infrastructure design and operations including IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, load balancing, clustering, failover, monitoring, diagnostics, performance tuning, etc.
• Possess a high aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting.
Additional Skills Required
- 3-5 Years Infrastructure Solutions Experience.
- Experience with IBM Products.
- Knowledge of Dynatrace monitoring, JAVA development.
- Knowledge of migrating applications to cloud – Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Google Analytics Desired.
- Experience with Onboarding of systems by configuring OAuth /OIDC / SAML integration patterns.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work in the United Kingdom and Mexico.
VEVRAA Federal ContractorWe request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here