The Director of Risk, Portfolio Strategy & Operations is a senior member of TNC's investment team and supports the CIO in the day-to-day oversight of the investment portfolios under the CIO's purview. Responsibilities involve leading 1) investment operations, including accounting, back and middle office functions, 2) performance measurement, analytics, and reporting 3) total portfolio risk measurement, analytics, and monitoring, and 4) strategic and tactical asset allocation. The Director of Risk, Portfolio Strategy & Operations will review current processes and suggest new ideas to improve team efficiency. They will communicate on behalf of the Office of Investments and will have substantial contact with stakeholders, including all levels of staff, Investment Committee members, third-party investment managers, and service providers.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
* Lead investment operations, including accounting, back office and middle office functions
* Lead operational due diligence of prospective and current fund managers
* Monitor and manage total endowment cash flow and liquidity projections
* Lead performance calculation, analytics, attribution, and comprehensive reporting
* Using various analytic tools, measure and monitor total portfolio risk
* Lead the strategic and tactical asset allocation analysis with support from the Investment team
* Collaborate with the CIO to ensure compliance with investment policies and develop tools for portfolio risk monitoring and modeling
* Manage and oversee all investment operations activities including cash management, liquidity management, subscription/redemption processes, accounting, audit and tax related requests
* Lead oversight of other long-term pools of capital outside of TNC's endowment (i.e., Planned Giving, Nature Bonds, 401k Plans)
* Establish and maintain appropriate policies, internal controls, and documentation to ensure sound operational management. Identify operational needs associated with new investments and portfolio activities
* Manage Senior Investment Operations Manager and/or Investment Operations Manager
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We're looking for someone with strong experience in leading a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience designing, organizing, and directing complex projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Business, Finance, Economics, and/or a related field and 11 years related work experience, including at the senior level, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience working with senior management and Board of Directors, or equivalent, on investment related issues
* Experience in investment operations, operational due diligence, risk management, asset allocation at an endowment, foundation, other asset owners, OCIO, or asset manager
* Experience across multiple asset classes, including private equity, fixed income, hedge funds, and private equity
* Experience supervising professional staff
* MBA, PhD, CFA, CAIA, and/or relevant advance degrees or professional investment qualifications preferred.
* Knowledgeable about endowment management. Passionate about investment operations and risk management.
* Excellent analytical, quantitative and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
* Excellent critical thinking skills; capable of synthesizing large amounts of data and information in a clear and concise manner.
* Desire and ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, partnering with a small team.
* Demonstrated success in analyzing, manipulating, and interpreting data, and developing, reporting, and implementing solutions.
* Ability to manage project timelines with several variables, set realistic deadlines, and ensure accountability.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We're proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position is generally within the range of $240,200 - $275,000 for annual base salary. This range only applies to candidates whose country of employment is the USA. Where a successful candidate's actual pay will fall within this range will be based on a variety of factors, including, for example, the candidate's location, qualifications, specific skills, and experience. Please note countries outside the USA would have a different pay range in the local currency based on the local labor market, and not tied to USA pay or ranges. Your geographic location will be confirmed during the recruitment.
Job Number: 150080
Job Family: Finance & Accounting
Salary Grade: 12
To apply for job ID 54300, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.