Assistant Professor Photography, Tenure Track
Assistant Professor Photography, Tenure Track
Job ID 1616
December 20, 2023
Department: Visual Arts
Employee Group: Faculty Association
Start Date: Fall 2024
Schedule: 32 Weeks (Fall and Winter Semesters)
Compensation: Consistent with https://www.grcc.edu/sites/default/files/docs/humanresources/2022-2025%20Faculty%20Association%20contract.docx.pdf (Page #109)
Reports to: Associate Dean, School of Liberal Arts
Posting Closes: January 26, 2024
Full time Photography position within GRCC's Visual Arts Department. GRCC is an urban campus located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, a thriving community with a vibrant art scene that serves as the center for the annual ArtPrize Competition. GRCC's Visual Arts Department is a dynamic department of art within a community college that is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
• Teach a wide range of photographic processes, especially digital photography and video for photography majors and non-photo majors. Possibly teach analog courses as necessary.
• Demonstrate commitment to curricular currency in photographic arts by developing courses and revising curricular documents as needed.
• Demonstrate a commitment to using current and emerging technologies in the classroom, as appropriate.
• Organize and oversee the photographic digital and wet darkrooms, their supplies, and health and safety procedures/policies.
• Participate in all NASAD accreditation activities, including self-studies, assessments, and other activities related to maintaining standards toward accreditation of Visual Arts programs.
• Participate in all Visual Arts Program Reviews.
• Advise students on curricula, transfer programs, and career goals as related to the photographic arts.
• Contribute to the growth and development of the Visual Arts Department and the College by participating in committee work, department planning, recruitment, and College-related activities.
• Engage in on-going professional development activities including exhibition of own work and maintain appropriate professional memberships.
• Participate in the organization and jurying of student exhibitions at the College.
• Provide leadership and mentoring for adjuncts teaching photography courses.
• Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Photography or related field required.
• Experience in digital and analog photography required.
• College-level teaching experience required; community college teaching experience preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Use of innovative teaching methods, which include a variety of approaches and strategies.
• Demonstrated skill in supervision of digital and wet darkrooms.
• Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• An understanding of and appreciation for the community college philosophy and student population.
• An ability and interest in working with diverse student populations, who represent a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin and ability.
• GRCC will comply with any mandated health and safety requirements. Compliance information is available on our http://www.grcc.edu/policies.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
GRCC is only accepting online applications for this position athttps://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter resume, and unofficial transcripts for full consideration. The opportunity to apply for this position will close at the end of the day on the close date referenced at the top of this job posting. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
GRCC uses an Evidence Based Selection Process, where we make data driven hiring decisions to help mitigate bias throughout the hiring process. As part of this process, candidates will participate in reference checks and interviews.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4963315
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.