Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage through meetings and communication to Fab Shop personnel via bulletin boards and verbal instructions.
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned. Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected. Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conductive to maximize employee morale and productivity. Provides leadership and training to employees to accomplish the assigned job duties and help achieve the company goals and objectives.
- Prepares daily fabrication schedule utilizing project tracking and timelines to ensure on time delivery of finished product along with providing leadership and allocate resources effectively to ensure on time delivery of tools.
- Performs hands-on fabrication tasks daily.
- Manages maintenance and basic repair of shop machinery when needed.
- Ensure adherence to required safety standard set by company rules and all regulations.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Welder preferred in the Aerospace industry.
- AWS qualifications preferred but not required.
- Previous Lead / Manager experience desired
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Good math, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and follow up skills
- Must understand deadlines and how they impact the overall business
- Experience with ISO 9001 and AS91000 Quality standards desired
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
The company offers an excellent benefits package to include the following:
- Health insurance with $0 employee contribution plan .
- Vision and dental insurance benefits.
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- HSA ( Health Savings Plan) offered with large employer contribution.
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Weekly pay and currently overtime available.