Senior Planner: Production Planning
Location: KALAMAZOO, MI, United States
: Dec 6, 2023
Job ID: 41341
Ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve division objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management. Plans, prepares, issues, and controls moderately complex and/or diverse production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
1. Identifies variety of raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications and schedules of moderate scope and complexity. Ensures accurate item master file and bill of material.
2. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed. Recommends changes to improve the planning process for assigned products.
3. Evaluates and confirms materials supply is available to meet demand. Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
4. Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates.
5. Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, and waste, and recommends any appropriate actions to minimize loss, reduce inventory, and/or increase inventory turnover that would support inventory level objectives.
6. Advises and assists management in resolving problems concerning over shipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders.
7. Coordinates cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping and Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information about status and priorities.
8. Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
9. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical or trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems. Complies with policies and procedures in Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM).
12. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of related experience.
APICS certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of manufacturing resources planning theories, principles, and industry practices.
Proficient in standard business application software, manufacturing resource planning systems, and interface operations.
Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement methods to the planning function (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT) and related areas.
Knowledge of legal, regulatory and internal policy requirements related to production control.
Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact.
Ability to work within general work objectives regarding projects and team goals.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and policies and recommend changes to procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
About Parker Hannifin:
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $13.7 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $13.7 billion in fiscal year 2020, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the... For full info follow application link.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.