At Mercantile Bank, we are dedicated to our Customers, Employees and Communities. Our exceptional team members are committed to maintaining an environment of personal growth and development while providing professional and personalized service to customers and supporting our diverse communities.
Employees are our most valuable asset! If you have an interest in joining a team that operates with INTEGRITY and PURPOSE, consider Mercantile Bank as a potential employer.
As a Merchant Services Associate you will responsible for the growth an service of this existing product for the bank, working internally with the Branch network and Commercial team and externally with an array of clients and industries. You will support clients with questions and training while analyzing additional products and services that could be beneficial to them.
You would be eligible for a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a flexible spending account (FSA), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance, a 401(k) with a match at 100% up to the first 5% of your contribution, discounted bank services, adoption assistance, exceptional training and development opportunities, and more!
- You will positively impact customer relationships with the bank by analyzing the client's merchant processing statements, creating cost comparisons and proposal generation.
- You will be a point of contact and resident expert for merchant customer service calls. You will answer questions and resolve processing issues that arise on a timely and exceptional manner.
- While maintaining the customer relationship, you will prospect and seek additional sales opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Partner with Treasury Sales Officers (TSO) and Branch Managers to gather information needed to accurately complete a merchant application. Once completed, you will communicate with the client and arrange for electronic signatures.
- Follow up with clients after training to assist with questions that involve transaction processing, merchant statements, billing, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express rules and regulation adherence as well as maintaining Payment Card Industry standards.
- Effectively communicate with Partner Sales Support (Global Payments) to assist and resolve client issues with both virtual and physical terminals.
- You will manage the annual marketing budget given by our vendor and issue monthly credits for new clients.
- You will track and report out on activities related to sales and goal status as well as new clients that have been onboarded.
- Coordinate with bank's marketing department to create materials for internal and external use.
- May be required to travel to customer and / or vendor for problem solution and training.
- 3-5 years' experience in banking selling products and supporting banking products.
- 2 year degree or completion of a specialized certification or licensing or completions of specialized training courses or job specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship? program.
- Must have an understanding of Microsoft office products.
- Must have the ability to learn and understand the following systems: Translink, ELAPP and External Virtual Terminals.
- Experience assisting and training others on technical products and services.
- Business Customer service and/or sales experience is preferred.
An ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and combination of analytical and personal skills to take ownership of one of the fastest growing products at Mercantile Bank.
We believe embracing human diversity makes us a better bank. We know it makes us better people.
Employees with dissimilar backgrounds, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles help us understand the motivations and desires of our many different customers. Thus, we will strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the increasing diversity of the communities we serve by ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), national origin, age, height, weight, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, disabled or Vietnam era veteran, other forms of military status, marital status, or other protected characteristics.