Love what you do. Love where you work.
MOKA is seeking an experienced Home Supervisor to manage a residential site for individuals with developmental disabilities located in Whitehall, Michigan. The Home Supervisor will oversee the educational/recreational and social activities of those individuals as well as support and advocate for individual needs within an interdisciplinary team.
Essential Functions: Include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Ensures that those served receive individualized active treatment.
- Schedules appointments for individuals.
- Advocates for residents in areas such as community involvement, family interactions and general well-being.
- Attends a variety of meetings and participates both in areas of collecting information for self/staff and contributing ideas and information.
- Supervises staff in areas including: quality of life for those served, safety, delivery of programs and other services, household shopping, employee satisfaction, staff cooperation and contacts with individuals and groups outside the agency.
- Oversees staff in areas of home cleanliness and maintenance indoors and outdoors.
- Evaluates the performance of employees and makes wage recommendations according to preset scales.
- Investigates and reports all incidents, including abuse and neglect, according to applicable policy; takes corrective action.
- Acts as policy enforcement staff for the home.
- Participates in the management review process and recommends revisions to policies and procedures.
- Transports individuals to and from community locations and therefore; MUST have and maintain a valid (not suspended, revoked or denied) Michigan driver's license and an acceptable driving record according to MOKA’s current vehicle insurance carrier’s criteria.
- Contributes to the preparation of an annual budget, pays bills and makes expenditure decisions.
- All employees will respond to health risks or any hazardous condition(s) and communicate using the agency hierarchy any potential health risk, hazardous or unsafe condition(s).
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree or at least two years experience in a similar human service environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Competence in using standard Microsoft Office™ software, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A validated State of Michigan driver's license, Department of Mental Health training and CPR and First Aid training.
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly, to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
MOKA provides a competitive suite of benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, paid personal time off, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) program, life insurance and an employee assistance program.
Interested applicants should complete the online application at www.moka.org.