Level 1 CAD/CAM Technician
Franchino Mold & Engineering Co. is seeking a highly motivated, technically adept Level 1 CAD/CAM Technician to utilize various 3D modeling, surfacing techniques and 2D data to check, modify and extract data from existing geometry to produce CNC toolpaths for 3 or 5-axis milling, in accordance with customer requirements and company standards. Additionally, the Level 1 CAD/CAM Technician will provide manufacturing personnel with stock list, program routing, setup, sequence information, fixtures, color coding, electrodes and provide drawings/overlays to production and the inspection department.
- Import and manipulate 3D models in NX1969/Work NC 2019.0 using modeling and surfacing techniques to prepare the models for machining.
- Create CNC toolpaths for 3 or 5 axis machining centers.
- Provides instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machines.
- Perform toolpath verification prior to program deployment.
- Create CNC program routing, setup, and sequence information to assist shop floor.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations for optimal product run times.
- Create fixtures, color code components & electrodes.
- Create 2D drawings, power point, excel, word documents and overlays to assist production and the inspection department personnel.
- Perform checking of 3D Cad, 2D prints & Stock lists.
- Assist in developing new processes that improve quality and reduce costs.
- Document new processes, procedures, and work instructions in detail.
- Design new and reverse engineer existing fixturing/tooling for internal use.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings along with a thorough understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Understanding of milling/turning operations and related machining parameters such as speeds and feeds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with management and coworkers.
- Strong technical, analytical, systematic, and detail-oriented thinking skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Strong attendance and goal oriented.
Experience: 1-3 years.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience as a CAD/CAM design technician preferred. Experience with NX1969, GD&T, and Work NC preferred but not required.
Benefits include medical insurance, paid time off and 401(k). You must undergo drug screening and pass a physical examination.If you are interested, go to www.franchino.com and fill out our online application. If qualified, we will contact you to set up an interview.