Responsibilities include overseeing the performance and coordination of all work performed by all Café and Sanitation Team Members assigned, passing on pertinent information to Assistant Room Mangers and Team Members and ensuring proper service standards are used in all internal and external Guest experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
• Responsible for participating in the creation of annual budgets and managing and leading the unit in all forecasting and cost controls to meet or exceed units operating financial potentials and goals.
• Conduct group and individual training regarding policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Set daily, weekly and monthly goals and opportunities and lead the unit to achieve the desired result.
• Set schedules and specific job duties while maintaining Team Members’ hours for proper staffing as defined through established service standards.
• Evaluate and oversee job performance of Team Members.
• Coach and counsel Team Members who are not meeting standards. Understand the steps of discipline.
• Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and ensure Team Members reporting to you do so as well. Ensure Team Members are trained on materials in the book.
• Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition in an Unsurpassed manner.
• Have knowledge of where your MSDS booklet is located for your department and understand its contents. Ensure Team Members are trained on materials in the book.
• Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
• Responsible for handling any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
• Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and Health Department regulations.
• Work productively with direct supervisor and peers.
• Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
• Work with management team to control cost.
• Communicate on a consistent bases with all managers, keeping the abreast of all room activities.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the Director of Food.
• Ensure that all Team Members are knowledgeable of, and adhere to all Gun Lake Casino’s standards.
• Hold daily huddles with Team Members to communicate pertinent information.
• Provide support, material, supplies, etc. to ensure Team Members have the proper tools to provide Unsurpassed Guest Service.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 21 + years of age.
• Five (5) years of food and beverage service experience in a fast paced, specialty retail restaurant required. Casual Dining segment style preferred.
• Three (3) years as a restaurant General Manager or five (5) years as a restaurant Assistant General Manager having full P&L responsibility required.
• Comprehensive food, wine, spirits and beverage knowledge with some culinary background or experience preferred.
• Comprehensive food knowledge, which includes profit and loss statements, cost control, menu planning, budgeting, training, inventory control and sanitation.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his or her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
• Certificate/License: ServSafe food safety certification, TIPS alcohol certification and gaming license required.
• Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
• Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills and ability that will enhance and exemplify the “Unsurpassed Service” standards.
• Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
• Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
• Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk frequently, bend or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
• Requires normal sense of smell, taste and touch.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
Work is typically in an area which may be unusually hot, cold and/or noisy and may contain second hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a sitting or non-sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Full Time Insurance Benefits Include:
• FREE Medical
• FREE Dental and Vision
• FREE Teledoc Access
• FREE Long-Term Disability
• FREE Basic Life Insurance
Part Time Insurance Benefits Include:
• FREE Teledoc Access
All Team Member are eligible for the following:
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Break Periods
• FREE Shift Meals
• FREE Uniforms
• Company match 401K
Optional Benefits include: