*Training and remote work likely through 12/31/2020*
Minimal qualifications preferred for this position include:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, Social Work, Education, Public Relations/Marketing, or Human Service related degree is preferred but can be substituted at a ratio of two (2) years of experience for one (1) year of college beyond a minimum of a High School Diploma.
· One (1) year experience in education, career coaching, placement services, professional training, corporate recruitment, or workforce development required.
· The proven ability to articulate thoughts clearly on paper with proper grammar, punctuation and the ability to apply language rules. Excellent public speaking skills.
· Ability to conduct seminars on a variety of topics and teach job-search skills to diverse groups of customers and present program information to job seekers, community agencies, and employers.
· Ability to apply techniques used in resume and cover letter writing and effectively guide customers in the process.
· Required to possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professional, friendly relationships with all visitors to the MichiganWorksServiceCenter including job seekers, partner staff, employers and program administrators and regional partners.
- · Demonstrated proficiency in operating computerized software including Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel. Ability to maintain accurate information to produce timely reportsand meet performance standards.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse employer and customer base.
This position will have a home base in Detroit, but candidate must be able to work at several other Detroit Michigan Works locations as needed. Must have own transportation.