Candidates fluent in reading, writing and speaking both Spanish and English are encouraged to apply.
Minimum qualifications required for this position include:
- Excellent professional administrative skills desired
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with customers or clients, preferably in a placement, educational, human service, or career development capacity.
- High school diploma or GED required; additional education in a related field preferred, but not required.
- Ability to articulate thoughts clearly, both written and verbally, with proper grammar, punctuation and to apply language rules.
- Ability to present program information to job seekers, community agencies, and employers.
- Ability to apply techniques used in resume and cover letter writing and effectively guide customers in the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professional, friendly relationships with all visitors to the Michigan Works! Service Centers, including job seekers, partner staff, employers, program administrators and monitors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and various Internet and job search applications.
- Candidates must be able to work at four Detroit locations, when needed. Home base location will be assigned.