Experienced Controls Designer.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work directly with project engineers, team managers, and purchasing personnel
· Prepare detailed working engineering drawings and schematics of electrical components and devices
· Research and specify materials to be used, when required
· Revise drawing and generate change notices
· Responsible for quality of drawings, revisions, parts lists, and other related documentation
· Generate bills of materials from specifications and drawings
· Drawing Library Management
· Drawing Review
· Understanding electrical design concepts and processes, components, circuits, and power distribution
· Ability to read and interpret specifications
· Must be detail oriented; a self-starter; a team player
· Ability to interact with company personnel, customers and vendors while representing the company in a professional manner
· Must display an eagerness to learn about and apply new products and conventions
· Possess excellent time-management skills; ability to meet production schedules while managing multiple priorities
· 5-10 years’ experience in this classification
· Strong background in analyzing engineering documents and layout of systems in regards to components and parts
· Working knowledge of relevant electrical standards including NEC, NFPA-79, and UL-508A
· Experience working with Automotive OEMs and Suppliers.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD (AutoCAD Electrical preferred)
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Associates Degree in a technical field or relevant work experience