THE BEST TEAM MEMBERS START HERE.
Thanks for your interest in being a part of Gun Lake Casino! When we say “the best days” we’re not only talking about our guests. We’re talking about our work environment, too. The best days start with the best people, and that’s exactly who we’re looking for.
Our Guests are more than a Guest, they are family. We provide them with the best service to ensure they have complete satisfaction. Same with our Team Members. When you work for us, you become family, family with amazing benefits that you can’t find anywhere else.
Serves food and beverages to guests in a timely, efficient, manner. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Company standards, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s Unsurpassed Service Standards at all times.
- Inform immediate supervisor of any product shortages and equipment needs.
- Must hold a TIPS alcohol training certification card. Must carry TIPS card at all training.
- Behave in a positive, professional manner that reflects “Beyond the Best” practices.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so. Comply with Board of Health Standards.
- Webfire training, know how to properly lift heavy items, push/pulling items, being cautious of surroundings at all times for the safety of yourself, others and the property.
- Maintain “Beyond the Best” personal grooming and uniform standards.
- Know where the MSDS booklet is located for your area.
- Must have knowledge of casino safety procedures and emergency evacuation procedures for the guests and team members.
- Inform manager on duty of any team member or guest opportunities.
- Be familiar with cocktails and prices in order to fill any request for service. Must carry receipt for every guest and offer it when collecting cash for payment.
- Complete assigned side-work and any additional task with a “Beyond the Best” manner of teamwork.
- Continuously observe and anticipate guests’ wants and needs in order to fill any and all guest opportunities.
- Maintain a minimum a 15 minute round time for entire section; this also includes a covered section where a Team Member is on break.
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked service station including but not limited to all glassware, condiments, coffee and dry goods.
- Must retrieve glassware, including but not limited to beverage glasses, bottles and ash trays from the Casino and other assigned areas.
- Must carry a minimum of 3 bottles of water and 3 different soda choices to better service our guests for each round. (Unless a full tray of drinks ordered exists)
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members and management in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and mature decision making.
- Must have the ability to obtain a gaming license for the jurisdiction in which the property is located.
- Adhere to all company and department policies and procedures as well as all Beyond the Best practices.
- Must be able to handle flexible schedule.
- Follow proper transaction settlement procedures, i.e. order drink from the Bartender, pay for the drink after it has been made, receive a receipt back from the Bartender and offer the receipt to the guest.
- Must maintain accurate cash handling and blind drop procedure when using a cash bank in accordance with department policies.
- Have complete knowledge of all cocktails, wines and beers served by Gun Lake Casino, as well as proper glassware, pricing and garnishes.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letter, numbers and symbols.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds of product.
- Requires manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
- Requires actively walking entire shift carrying 20 pounds in a standard heeled dress shoe.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, and noisy and may contain second hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3ft. high access. Tasks performed from a not-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow team members and guests.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Full Time Insurance Benefits Include:
- FREE Medical
- FREE Dental and Vision
- FREE Teledoc Access
- FREE Long-Term Disability
- FREE Basic Life Insurance
Part Time Insurance Benefits Include:
All Team Member are eligible for the following:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Break Periods
- FREE Shift Meals
- FREE Uniforms
- Company match 401K
Optional Benefits include:
- Flexible spending account for medical reimbursement and dependent care
- Short-term Disability
- Additional life insurance for you, your spouse and your children
- Hospitalization Insurance