PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure the correct Material is at the correct presses when needed.
2. Weigh and label all Gaylord's of Material prior to placing back on shelve.
3. Ensure blenders are set-up and working correctly.
4. Drain and clean dryers & blenders as needed per their specific cleaning work instructions.
5. Blend Material as assigned.
6. Load all Material and set dryer temp per dryer temperature sheet.
7. Ensure all equipment/presses are free of any air leaks.
8. Fill out daily Material Logs as required.
9. Load and unload trucks as needed.
10. Clean and maintain dryer filters as required.
11. Ensure all dryers are operating daily and running correctly.
12. Be involved in the die setter meeting. Must have clear view of the day’s events.
13. Responsible for the removal of all secondary equipment, components packaging and raw material from the outgoing job.
14. Clean out all raw materials from the hopper and the lines leading to the work station.
15. Cleaning the area of all parts, runners and raw material from the previous job. Verifying that nothing from the previous job remains at the job station before any new components or equipment is brought out.
16. Get supervisors to approve the tear down of the cell before bringing anything out for the new job.
17. Bring all components and secondary equipment required to run the new job. Set up the work cell according to the layout provided. If no layout is provided. They will be in charge of creating a new ergonomic cell layout. After new set up is complete. They must get management involved for approval.
18. Have the new material ready to load when the supervisor approves the area or new job is ready to start up.
19. At the end of shift, empty all trash containers on the production floor.
20. Properly label & identify all regrind scrap bins and Gaylord’s.
21. Monitor and empty all scrap bins daily from production floor.
22. Move full regrind scrap Gaylord’s to Grinder Room.
23. Remove all scrap from your shift in the staging area at the beginning of the shift.
24. Organize the cardboard areas.
25. Ensure the correct Material is at the correct presses when needed.
26. Grind and label all scrap and runners in their appropriate containers.
27. Must be able to operate a Hi-Lo safety in accordance to Company policy and MIOSHA laws.
28. Follows the Company policy and procedure on lock-out/tag-out in addition to all Company policy and procedures as stated per the Employee Handbook.
29. Maintains an appropriate level of conventionality and conformance in regard to the corporate culture. Relates well with others, including, as appropriate, peers, supervisor, subordinates, customers and suppliers while maintaining good attendance. Assumes appropriate role(s) when working in a team environment. Responds appropriately to unexpected and/or continuing situations, which develop in the work environment.
30. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF EDUCATIONAL & TRAINING:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience in plastics with Material Handling experience
· Required to have a Hi-Lo license
MINIMUM LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to perform documentation as it pertains to the job.