Neurosleep Center is seeking Medical Assistants with at least 2 years of experience (preferable with experience in Neurology).
Individual must have strong computer skills along with accurate note/ medical chart documentation. Individual must be punctual and able to work in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for quick learners who have the ability to work professionally with others and take on multiple tasks/ be flexible. Main functions are to support doctor and co-workers when asked and work with colleagues and patients. Individual must have worked directly with a physician in a medical. Clinical office for at least 2 years.
This position provides medical, dental and vision benefits.
Clinical duties include:
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Assisting the physician during the exam
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic lab tests
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by physician
- Authorizing prescription refills as directed
Administrative medical duties include but not limited to:
- Using computer applications
- Answering telephones
- Greeting Patients
- Uploading and filing patient medical records
- Coding and filling out insurance forms
- Scheduling appointments