Porter Corp is seeking a full-time civil engineering graduate to join an industry-leading SIPs (Structural Insulate Panel) manufacturer as a Structural Engineer. The primary purpose of this position is engineering of Porter SIPs projects to support the Porter SIPs brand.
Porter Corp, founded in 1964 as W.H. Porter, is committed to engineering and fabricating innovative architectural structures.
Compared to typical structural engineering opportunities, members of the Porter Corp engineering department benefit from exposure to a wide variety of learning and growth opportunities.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an industry that is on the rise. We are looking for your imagination, skills and ambition. Porter SIPs are the key to energy efficient building. They are stronger, use approximately half the energy and can be erected in less time than conventional buildings. Structural Insulated Panels are a great way to build upon your knowledge base with a focus on delighting the customer and celebrating success.
We provide a complete package of benefits including 401(k) and profit sharing. If you are ready to enjoy your next job, the people you work with and the culture that leads to Porter SIPs being an industry leader, please apply now.
- Capable of performing all responsibilities listed in the SIPs Structural Engineer job description
- Accountable for all engineering aspects of projects they sign and seal
- Mentor E.I.T.’s in the department when needed
- Complete the majority of daily responsibilities with little guidance from superiors
- Lead minor departmental strategic initiatives
- Ethical practice
- Timeliness of work completion
- Follow written and verbal directions
- Foster continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 5 years (minimum) experience in structural engineering
- P.E. license (Must be licensed in at least one state) required
- Experience with major building codes in the United States and their applications
- Experience in Steel Joist Design and Engineering
- Experience in Designing and Engineering Steel and wood structures including connection details and specifications to meet code requirements and satisfy building officials requirements.
- Experience in foundation design and engineering.
- Experience in creating electronic calculations booklet for submittal purposes
- Develop electronic structural calculation report booklet standards for SIP building products.
- Self-Starter for creating systems and tools to support SIPSs engineering and product support initiatives.
- Able to create manual design calculations and sketch details to communicate specifics of any manual calculation.
- Demonstrated ability in MS Office, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of engineering principles and product development techniques and processes
- Originality and judgment in the independent evaluation of new applications and products
- Maintain Professional Engineering license
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Demonstrated proficiency in 2d and 3d structural software
- Demonstrated proficiency using EPICOR ERP or similar systems
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's, 401 (k) with employer match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program as well as additional, optional insurance offerings.
Porter Corp., a PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.