JOB TITLE: Business Services Specialist
REPORTS TO: Business Services Director
PART TIME POSITION (Approximately 30 hours/week)
The Business Services Specialist (BSS) will market the Michigan Works! Service Centers to the employers in the area and educate them regarding services available. These services include but are not limited to United States Department of Labor (USDOL) Apprenticeships, the State funded Going Pro Talent Fund and the State funded Offender Success (OS) program. In addition, the BSS will develop and maintain meaningful employer contacts that result in quality employment opportunities and economic growth. The BSS will be responsible for implementing the Michigan Works! Business Solutions Professional system that provides a portfolio of workforce development services to the business community. The BSS will work closely with economic development and post-secondary education entities to assist and coordinate services, provide information and act as the liaison with the Michigan Works! Service Centers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Obtain a working knowledge of the Going Pro Talent Fund program.
- Be prepared to obtain a working knowledge of the USDOL Apprenticeship program and related material, including pre-apprenticeship activities and conveying same to area employers.
- Be prepared to obtain a working knowledge of the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) Offender Success (OS) program and approach employers with the benefits of hiring returning citizens.
- Establish professional relationships with business and industry from assigned business account listings and by cold call relationship building.
- Routinely contact current and new employers and arrange appointments to visit company representatives responsible for hiring and training workers.
- Assist employers with various levels of employee recruitment services.
- Assist businesses with identifying solutions for their general business needs and helping with referrals to appropriate resources.
- Provide assistance to area businesses in accessing and using Pure Michigan Talent Connect.
- Maintain awareness of potential closings in the business community to provide maximum lead time for Dislocated Worker services.
- Visit employers with representatives of state and local economic development organizations.
- Responsible for entering employer contact information into Salesforce, the Michigan Works! West Central Customer Relationship Management system.
- Routinely meet with business-focused community organizations to promote the services of Michigan Works! West Central.
- Attend business and economic development events.
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences and statewide meetings as requested.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Software.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties will be incorporated in a specific way into the Position Description, should they involve a lengthy commitment or extensive time.
Works closely with the Business Services Director, Talent Development Managers, Talent Specialist and all other staff as needed.
Works closely with the business and economic development community, educational institutions, and other community stakeholders.