CNC Operator, Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates CNC (computer numerical controlled) machinery to fabricate various types of metal parts while maintaining quality and safety standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Set up the hardware for CNC machines, installing and aligning fixtures and attachments guided by the software.
- Monitor tools & attachments, ensuring that the parts are properly cooled and lubricated.
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required
- Maintains accurate records of time spent on each sequence of job.
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Understanding of speeds, feed, cuts and commands of editing, input and retrieval of computerized machine control.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery
- Maintains safe work habits by adherence to safety policies referenced in the company policy manual including following Federal, State and Local regulations
Work hours M-F 6:30am- 4:30 pm Saturdays if necessary.
Experience on Hurco machines a plus