Idyll Farms is a goat farm and creamery located in beautiful Northport, Michigan. By doing everything in-house, from pastures to creamery, we meticulously coordinate our entire process in order to make some of the world's healthiest and tastiest award-winning goat cheese.
Idyll Farms is looking to add Full Time Creamery Assistants, Farm Hands, Dishwashers, Packagers and a Cleaning Person to their team!
Pay range is $13-$16.00, depending on experience with excellent advancement opportunities.
Health Insurance after 90 days and 1 week paid vacation at 1 year.
Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extra hours are available on weekends if interested. On site housing available for reasonable rent.
Job duties include:
- Cleaning any and everything throughout the creamery including floors, walls, ceilings, vats, molds, utensils and surfaces
- Packaging and labeling of cheeses
- Assisting with sales, tours and farmer's markets
- Ladling, salting, flipping, painting and weighing of cheeses
- Delivering cheeses to local stores, restaurants, farm markets
- Training in food safety procedures
- Maintaining all required records
- Working independently or with other creamery staff to accomplish directed tasks and deadlines
- Complying with all policies and procedures of Idyll Farms Creamery
- Safely handling chemicals and effectively cleaning all designated creamery areas
- Following proper sanitation procedures as described in association with Standard Operating Procedures
- Farm Hand will be responsible for milking shifts
- Feeding animals
- Grounds and orchard maintenance
- Cleaning the barn
- Facility and Dairy Sanitation
- Pasture Rotation
- Receiving and storing goods
- Equipment operation