U.S. Vision, the 7th largest optical retailer in the United States, is seeking a full-time Optical Manager of one of our retail locations We care about our customers, and believe that their quality of vision improves their quality of life. Eyewear is more than just clear vision; it is also a fantastic opportunity to express one's individuality and identity. If this is something you are excited about, read on!
U.S. Vision is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace
This person manages the operation of the store, supervises its optical staff, keeps the store profitable and well-organized, and ensures a pleasing experience for shoppers. In addition, he or she delivers excellence as an optical sales leader. This position is involved in hiring, coaching, developing and evaluating staff, in cooperation with the District Manager.Eyewear is more than just clear vision; it is also a fantastic opportunity to express one's individuality and identity. If this is something you are excited about, read on!
- 1+ years of management experience in retail; fashion industry a plus
- Able to use computer systems for sales, ordering, timekeeping, payroll and HR activities
- Analytical and math skills are needed for tracking and understanding sales metrics and other performance statistics
- An interest in fashion eyewear and an eye for style is highly desired.
- Polished customer service skills and a real ability to understand your shopper's needs. The ability to handle and seek to resolve customer complaints if they arise, with tact and good outcomes
- Good skills in supervising others, and mentoring them to generate customer satisfaction and sales
- This job involves standing for extended periods of time, some walking within the store, some bending, lifting, and organizing of wall displays of frames.
- Must be reliable and punctual in attendance to keep store hours and coverage in the store. Must be flexible for scheduling, and able to work weekends and holidays, and special sales events as required Our company offers excellent benefits and a competitive compensation plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. Drug Free
- This position requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens). This position regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person. Working environment includes primarily indoor work. Physical requirements including standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, hand/eye coordination, finger dexterity and reaching overhead
U.S. Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer
US Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant's qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. US Vision is a drug-free work place. We participate in the E-Verify program.
Requisition ID: 2019-4983
# of Openings: 1
Brand: Meijer Optical
Address: 250 Meijer Drive
Position Type: Full Time