Benefits Offered: Medical, Life & LTD insurances; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts; paid holidays; eligibility to earn annual profit sharing bonus.
We are now hiring Entry-Level (Trainee) technicians as well as Mid-Level (Experienced) technicians. The individuals will provide technical support and repair service solutions to customers. Repair activity includes in-house bench repair at Galco as well as customer-site troubleshooting and repair of customer equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Troubleshoot, repair, and refurbish industrial electronic equipment (VFD, PLC, Servo, Instrumentation, Power Supplies)
· Troubleshoot and test electronic components to board level, using various methods and testing equipment
· Repair and/or replace electronic components to board level, including but not limited to: diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, other printed circuit components, etc.
· Communicate with Repair Services management to keep them informed of job status
· Evaluate equipment and determine correct repair procedures
· Participate in generation of work instructions and test fixtures for testing
· Identify potential areas for improvement of internal processes and procedures
· Perform field service visits as required to resolve technical issues experienced by customers in a timely manner
The qualified individual will have the following skills and experience:
· Associates degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent technical experience
· Familiarity with and ability to utilize different types of test equipment such as function generators, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, and power supplies.
· Ability to solder and desolder
· Ability to recognize different electronic components and their functions
· Able to work in a progressive repair process, having direct interaction with employees performing other portions of the process
· Be fluent in computer software platforms for communication/configuration of equipment
· 1-3 years direct experience in electronic device repair or manufacturing (Entry Level candidates will learn)
· Familiarity with industrial manufacturing processes, motor feedback devices
· Experience using precision tools and technology including surface mount rework station
· Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
· Visual capability to focus on small, intricate parts for extended periods of time