Digital Product Data Manager
The Product Data Manager is a managerial level position with the responsibility for leading a team of Digital Product Data Assistants, with whom you will collectively establish, define and own the product readiness process, and seek and employ technology, automation, outsourced resources and other strategically optimized practices that challenge inefficiency. This includes completing project work to add and update all product data, images, digital media, pricing, and categorization of information that supports the unique search functionality of the galco.com and lightingsupply.com web and mobile sites, as well as maximizing organic search ranking.
You will be responsible for collecting and publishing comprehensive product information ensuring all essential data is available, accurate and meets consumer demand to ensure our online audience has all the essential information to make an informed purchase. You will ensure all products are categorized and attributed accurately to aid consumer navigation and support best in class consumer experience that supports maximum commercial performance.
Working closely with the Product Management and Marketing teams, you will develop effective methods to track consumer demand, ensuring developments in shopping trends and behavior are always supported and prioritized accordingly.
· Previous managerial responsibilities and experience working in the digital environment in a similar role, including e-commerce product data and information management
· Strong leadership skills to help guide and support your team and allow you to stand out from the crowd
· Quick learner who can easily manage spread sheets, large amounts of data, technical systems, analytical tools and a strong working knowledge of Excel
· Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and challenge processes to aid efficiency
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Great communication and relationship building skills across a diverse set of functions and a wide range of stakeholders
· A determination to have a successful career and a major drive for outstanding performance
· An insatiable need to understand our customers and our industry in order to create an intuitive mind-set that will work towards developing our brand, online consumer experience and business growth
· Database experience preferred