Innovative, professional and growing company is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Simulation Engineer. Our target market is primarily automotive with a great deal of industry-specific experience in Body in White applications. Our services include:
- Manufacturing applications systems integration
- Design and build of BIW assembly and welding tools
- Design and build of powertrain equipment and other specialized equipment
Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with RobCad, Process Simulate and/or Delmia, BIW assembly strategies, vendor coordination (import of Weldguns, End of Arm Tooling, etc.), working in model space and paper space and a basic understanding of how Geo and Re-spot systems function. Candidate must be self-motivated, adept at handling multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work both independently or within a group.
Responsibilities and experience requirements include:
- Importing CAD data from Catia, Fides and Unigraphics (NX).
- Importing / Exporting Layouts, Tools, End Effectors, etc.
- Adding Kinematics to a Device/ tool/gun with correct speed and other settings
- Gathering and implement correct process info for simulation
- Projecting weld/bead and setting correct weld/wait times
- Programming Robot paths with customer required spec/attributes
- Collision avoidance
- Development of Offline Programs in native Robot language
- Throughput Analysis