- Entry Level Hardware Design Controls Engineer
- Experienced Hardware Design Controls Engineer
Seeking qualified Hardware Design Controls Engineer candidates for our Roseville, Mi office with a willingness to travel. The qualified candidate must have BS in Engineering or Intermediate. Candidate must demonstrate a sincere interest in automation including one or more of the following:
- PLC/HMI/Communications, VFD, Servos - Allen Bradley, Siemens , Mitsubishi, Omron
- Robotics – Denso, Epson, FANUC, ABB, KUKA, Mitsubishi, Universal, Omron (Staubli 6 and 4 axis robots,Bosch SCARA).
- Linear Actuators - Intelligent Actuator, Festo, Tolomatic, Rexroth. OilGear, SMC.
- Vision – Keyence / Panasonic / Cognex / DVT/ DALSA/ IRVision
- Electrical Panels, 110V, 220V, 440V
Responsible for performing hardware systems engineering for industrial automation projects based on drives, motor control centers, programmable controllers, operator/field devices, communication networks, etc. Responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of automation systems working in a project team environment. Designs, defines and implements controls systems requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. This includes systems design, systems engineering, hardware engineering, configuration. Be a contributing part of a project team. Monitor performance, review results, coordinate efforts, and track hours usage on project. Prepare and organize assigned projects and work closely with the Project Manager/Program Manager to maintain and lower project costs, while providing the highest level of quality.
- Design and develop electrical controls packages based on the project needs and process design documentation .
- Analyzes the customer's requirements to determine the optimal controls system strategy solutions and determines applicable industrial controls configurations and architectures.
- Application of the NEC standards related to project subject matter.
- Act as the point of contact between the electrical discipline, other internal disciplines, and the client throughout the design process to ensure that all of the client's needs are met
- Develop PLC I/O schematics
- Develop Panel Layouts and Bill of Materials for applications.
- Develop three line diagrams for motor circuits.
- Develop cable schedules and conduit layouts if required by the project
- Interfaces with the Project Manager/ Program MAnager to support an engineering design, BOM specifications,part delivery, and presents status and options as required to maintain budget and delivery schedule.
- Supports manufacturing to assess progress, provide technical assistance, final inspection and sign off.
- May provide on-site process controls system start-up as required.
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1 to 5 years of related experience in development and implementation of automation, electrical design, schematics, control system integration, process instrumentation, Arc Flash, VFDs, MCCs, low voltage power distribution, and a basic understanding of industrial controls networks.
- Experience using AutoCAD or/and EPLAN
- Basic AutoCAD schematic drawing or electrical package development experience
- Experience with AC & DC motor drives, Robots, Pneumatics, Hydraulics ,PLC’s, HMI’s, I/O hardware, MCCs, industrial control networks preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards, specifically NFPA and / or NEC, NFPA79, UL508A, and UL698.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Results oriented and innovative
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to visualize a process or system from concept to development
- Strong planning, organization and decision making skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
- Electrical troubleshooting tools
- Calibration meters and instruments
- Factory test and measurement equipment
- Cameras and scanners
- Environmental controls