MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will have a high level of technical expertise and skill set, which you will use to plan, design, set up, modify, optimize and monitor manufacturing processes.
This position sits in Warren, MI and will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Assess and analyze current manufacturing processes.
- Create/modify work instructions, set up instructions, manufacturing sketches, route instructions, process plans.
- Contribute to company / customer initiatives relating to process, product and organization.
- Observe, maintain and improve current process throughput.
- Establish and control the time standards of the process in manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, and additional processes that are within the facility.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process capability, confirming manufacturing processes to standards.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree required and 5 years in a Manufacturing environment, having 10 years is desired.
- Having extensive knowledge of customer specifications and Aerospace standards is preferred
- NX-CAM / GibbsCAM experience is desired
- AutoCAD experience is desired
- Aerospace manufacturing experience desired, HRSA.
- Prior CNC machining experience required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be proficient in the use of all gauges and inspection methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to read and interpret processes, procedures, and governmental regulations, write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and compliance agencies
- Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid US Passport
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.