MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards and activities for industrial processes, materials, and products to assure that customer expectations are met or exceeded while maintaining an acceptable cost level.
• Develop and maintain systems to provide quality control, quality assurance and process control systems to support internal and external (customer) requirements.
• Train employees, as required, in various quality control, SPC, quality assurance, auditing and the use of required documentation.
• Perform product, process, and system audits and verifies effectiveness or corrective actions that were taken.
• Active as a leader or team member in corrective action and continuous improvement activities.
• Perform closed-looped corrective action and root cause analysis.
• Coordinates and documents employee-training activities. Various program/project management assignments to promote continuous improvement of company systems and products.
• Develop control plans, FMEA’s and other Quality Planning documents.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Coordinates failure analysis on discrepant product returned by the Customer and ensures that cause and corrective action is implemented and effective.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for timely disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
• Reviews Manufacturing Operation Sheets, as required, to ensure manufacturing processes, machining methods and sequence changes have no adverse effect on quality or violates contractual requirements.
• Represents quality assurance on new product start-up teams. Identifies any unique customer requirements for workmanship or traceability.
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to MB Aerospace’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
• Five or more years’ experience in manufacturing, quality, and/or engineering, preferably in an aerospace environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or formal education and training to perform statistical calculations, process capability studies, and data analysis, including knowledge of math, statistics, blueprint reading and an understanding of GD&T.
• Skilled at various computer software applications required for the development and use of programs in support of SPC, program management and other similar activities.
• Possesses interpersonal skills that allow for successful interaction with various employees, including acting in leadership roles on teams and other projects.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Knowledge or experience with FAA regulatory requirements, ISO9000:2000, AS9100 Quality Systems, ISO17025, NADCAP.
• Experience performing internal and supplier audits.
• Experience in the use of statistical methods for process control, capability analysis and gage R&R studies.
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.