Hours 40/hrs – up to 10 weeks during summer
Classification CK01-03 ($12.33; $12.91; $13.60)
Supervisor Camp Director
Positions Supervised: None
Essential Function of the Job
The Cook will plan and prepare USDA approved breakfasts, lunches, dinners & snacks for individuals with disabilities or those who come from at-risk homes.
Examples of Work
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in the position of this class.)
- Plan meals that meet USDA requirements.
- Order necessary supplies and submit reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Prepare and serve children breakfast, lunch, dinner & snack
- Provide nutrition education for children and parents as directed.
- Complete and maintain records as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare food- and kitchen-related reports.
- Oversee all aspects of kitchen operations.
- Maintain a safe, clean kitchen
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of Work
- Experience with food service.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with children and adults.
- A satisfactory completion of Criminal History Check and DHS Clearance.
Required Minimum Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Food Service Training.