If you are looking for a unique, hands-on career opportunity that offers the chance to train in a new trade, as well as on-going learning opportunities, the Soybean Processing Technician position at Zeeland Farm Services, Inc. may be perfect for you.
Technicians at ZFS work with industry leading technology in a modern 21st century agricultural processing facility that is the only one of its kind in Michigan. As valued members of the ZFS team, operators are challenged with running the plant with peak efficiency and consistency.
The technician’s working schedule is a 2-2-3 day rotation (offering every other weekend off), beginning at 5 p.m. and ending at 5 a.m. This distinctive schedule offers an average rotation of seven days on and seven days off (three days one week, four days the other week) over a typical two-week pay period. Overtime is paid for more than 40 hours in one week. Operators are paid bi-weekly.
Rate: $19.00 with a .60 cent shift premium.
Hours: 5PM to 5AM Rotation
(new technicians will be trained on first shift for 4-6 months, Monday thru Friday 5:00 am to 1:00 pm.)
Week 1#: Work on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
Week 2#: Work on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package including health, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and educational assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physically monitor process temperatures, pressures, material flows and levels to evaluate process operations.
- Follow all procedures and policies to meet the requirements of CERT-ID EU non-GMO certification.
- Monitor process results and make the necessary physical adjustments to meet desired operating parameters
- Take the necessary steps to correct operations when running outside of the desired parameters.
- Notify plant manager/supervisor of operational or equipment problems.
- Maintain logs of instrument readings observed during hourly rounds.
- Take samples, analyze for product quality and record resulting test data.
- Observe all plant and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with operating menu driven programs and a computer mouse.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Proven problem solving skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Supporting a drug free workplace.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.”